You might have seen this one around. Most recently, I saw it on Tina’s blog. I dont’ know about you but I love reading and filling out these quizzes!
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
The best Saturdays are the ones where I laze around in my pajamas until after lunch, Jeff keeps churning out brew after brew of hot tea for us to sip on, and we spend our time curled up on the couch either playing video games or watching funny videos on the internet….and don’t get anything productive done the whole day.
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
We no longer have cable, but there’s plenty of good stuff on Netflix:
- Breaking Bad
- House (no longer on Netflix, sad!)
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Definitely take them. I’m really enjoying learning all the ins and outs of photography.
4) Why do you blog?
While I started for other reasons, I continue to blog because I love cooking and I love sharing my recipes and other food related stuffs with others. It also kind of serves as a living diary/scrapbook to preserve the things that are happening in my life right now.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
- Google Reader
- Pinterest (follow me!)
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
I don’t really use Twitter so I haven’t racked up much of a list. I’d say any of my blog friends that I haven’t met yet would be nice though.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
Lately all I ever want is an Alexia frozen biscuit baked up all golden and hot and covered in honey. Normally though; I snack on hummus with crackers, a perfectly undercooked hard boiled egg with salt, or some sort of nuts or fruit.
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
Two chocolate brown Burmese cats, Lucas and Liam. Liam likes to bite the water as it comes out of the faucet and Lucas is afraid of bananas. They are a little weird.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
My computer, my camera, and because this is Atlanta which has rather crappy means of public transport: my car.
10) What’s your favorite drink?
Alcoholic: I’m really digging brown ales right now, especially Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Non: Love me some gingerberry kombucha and Chinese black teas.
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Oh my yes. I love creating new recipes and nothing makes me happier than for someone to compliment me on my cooking. I do get sick of it sometimes though, but never for long.
12) Do you have children?
Not yet. We have made some tentative plans for when to start down that road, but it still seems too soon the closer we approach it. They are in the cards, but I’m just not sure when.
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
I love reading, cooking, making lists, learning to take beautiful photos, and I’m even starting to really enjoy the gym. I’d like to start doing more creative things too, so I’ve got some plans for art pieces I’m making this year.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
This is hard to answer. I am definitely socially anxious but I don’t think shy is the right word for it. I am outgoing in that I don’t tend to let fear keep me from trying something new for too long.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
I wish that I were more of a go-getter. Jeff is an excellent example of someone who is always motivated and always working actively toward his goals. I have really learned a lot from him about how to stop wasting so much time dreaming and planning and actually take steps to make change, but I still need a lot of work.
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I don’t really pay attention to the careers of actors and actresses very much. I don’t really watch a lot of movies in general.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
Jeff and I brewed our first batch of beer at home, but that’s more his achievement than mine. I did run my first 5k distance of the year at the gym this week though, working back into it!
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
Far-ish. Mine are all about an hour or so south of me and Jeff’s are about 2 hours north. So, neither are terribly far but it does make it nearly impossible to see both sides of the family on holidays because we can’t make it to both places in the same day.
19) List three of your talents.
- I have excellent mental mapping skills, even when I get lost I can always figure out how to get unlost.
- I’m very good at eyeballing the correct quantities of ingredients in a recipe.
- I can recite several very long poems from memory.
20) What is your greatest attribute?
I think my greatest attribute is my ability to stay calm through stressful situations, which I think will help me immensely when I become a parent. Sure, things bother me sometimes and I do have a habit of ranting when I’m frustrated, but I tend to immediately start thinking of ways to fix the problems rather than dwelling on how they make me feel.
That was fun! Comment with your own answer to one of the questions if you feel so inclined.