Aren’t they pretty?!
Our local farmer’s market always has an amazing selection of dried fruits and nuts. I stumbled upon a bag of juicy-looking dried nectarines recently and knew I’d wanna try making a raw cookie with them.
They are delicious out of hand too though. The concentrated nectarine juices burst with their bright peachiness. It’s a great flavor for summertime!
Raw nectarine dream cookies
A summery raw cookie that is great for a snack, healthful dessert, or crumbled over yogurt like granola.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- about 6 large dried nectarine slices
- 3 tbsp. brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Pulverize nuts in a food processor.
- Add chopped nectarines and pulse to combine.
- Add all other ingredients and combine.
- Roll mixture into a log on wax paper and press tightly.
- Refrigerate until firm and then slice into cookies.
I love popping one of these after an intense workout for a shot of protein. The juicy little bits of nectarine are so sweet and sticky.
It’s a total accident that these came out in the cute little teardrop shape they did. I was going for round, but I kind of like that they look like little cookie guitar picks.
And they are rockin’!